Saturday, July 27, 2024

Sixty-Fifth Birthday Saturday Morning Pages Freewrite


Instead of doing my "Morning Pages" in my Scribe this morning, I am going to do my writing on my blog. I have missed doing this, but the physical act of writing (even if it is on a digital tablet) has been good for me. Kim took me out for my birthday yesterday, and her handwriting is so nice. I think mine has gone downhill.

Yesterday, it was helpful to write. Then later I did a freewrite, and it was even more helpful. Since I have been doing "freewrites" on here for ages. (I am not sure when I did it on this blog for the first time. I will look after I am done with this.) The difference between a freewrite and "Morning Pages" is only that Julia Cameron recommends that you do SIX notebook-sized pages, and that takes 30 to 40 minutes, whereas a freewrite is only supposed to be 15. So, I will do about 30 minutes. I think I want to go to the 4:30 am Centering Prayer time in the Wisdom Chapel of the Meditation Chapel people. 

So, yes, it is my birthday today. I am 65 years old. How did that happen? Even though I am now "officially" on Medicare, one of our waiters on our trip said, "You are the 'minors' on this trip!" Meaning that we were young and active: going on hikes during our times in port. I think we were one of the more active people. There was another couple where the woman would run around the boat numerous times. It had a sign that said that 4.5 times around was one mile, and I swear, she ran by me at least 20 times. Her husband walked. But other than that, I don't think anyone was as active as George and I. We had so much fun! Our favorite adventure was going on "George Island" in Killarney to hike about 5 miles on their trail. I called it the "beautiful, buggy, bouldery, boggy, and blueberry walk" because we went into the mud up to mid-calf. It was a hard but rewarding hike with beauty all around us, and we got hungry but brought no food. So, we ate the wild blueberries along the way. A glorious time! (And who could resist an island named after my sweet husband, George!)

So, today is my birthday, and I have nothing planned other than going to the HP picnic for a bit. Then, we are having people over for dinner at about 6 pm. Just a small gathering of people with K, T, M, J, M, and George. Our kids are both working, and we will just sit out on the deck and talk and maybe play the Hygge game? That is all there is planned.

Today, I don't seem to be as stressed as I was yesterday about all the planning. I think I have a better idea about how to manage the groups. I can put the 19th Annotation people into the late morning, or early afternoon my time while they are sometime in the afternoon. My other group cannot meet at that time because it would be the middle of the night for our person in Southeast Asia. Once I realized that, I was a lot less stressed. 

I will find time in between for all the directees that I am leading. I have less one on ones than usual, but I have many, and I just added one more - mainly because she is already in the 19th annotation group and also wanted one-on-one time. So, that is a good overlap. 

I tried putting all my videos into one video like I did for the C2C, and I don't think I am using the same software. It was so much easier last time, but I cannot remember what I used. So, I gave up. I have 1 hour and 17 minutes of video and would love to get it down to less than an hour, but it was becoming so laborious on this one software that I gave up. So, I must find what I used! 

I will do the still pictures instead today. I have had fun looking at our adventures. I don't put as much time into pictures as I once did. Too much sitting afterward to edit them! I can't sit that long, but I could just go to my stand-up, treadmill desk. Maybe I will do that because I love photography.

So, today is a relaxing day for me. I will clean up the deck. I will rehang the picture that fell. I will drink triple chai tea in celebration of being 65 today!

TTFN! 

No comments:

Inner Compass

This book has been sitting on my shelf since 2018! I wanted to look at the first chapter because there is a spiritual direction exercise tha...