Thursday, February 02, 2023

Thursday Thirteen Freewrite

From my walk to Jackson Frazier Wetland yesterday

Oh, I love my thirteen-minute Thursdays when I remember to do a freewrite.

I am journaling a lot more in my journal lately. I don't do as many freewrites on here. I like typing too though.

I am reading Richard Foster's new book on humility, and he suggests journaling through the book because the book really is more his journal than anything else. I think I will do that but not have a separate journal for this book because it would be too much to track down. So, I will just journal in the one I have been journaling in since the first of the year.

To prime us on journaling, there were some prompts for journaling, and one was, "What is your learning style?" I didn't really know. I think there are many types of learning styles, but I took one that was auditory, visual, and tactile. Mine was 45% tactile. I was a bit shocked, but when I think about it, I love to pray as I walk. God speaks to me in the shower as I am feeling the warm water wash over me. I usually listen to audiobooks while playing Spider Solitaire or taking a walk. I am always moving something while I am listening to the book. 

So there you go! Some of my best worship times in Malaysia were when I played Spider Solitaire and had the worship music cranked. 

Insightful and who knew?

I am leading Silent Prayer today because Jo is sick. Usually, I am all prepared by now, but I am doing this freewrite and God will tell me what I am to say. He always does.

I met with another person from my company who wants spiritual direction. It is another person that is high up there. I am excited about that! It is all going to that Divine Plan mapped out for me on November 3, 2018! I might make it an official holiday because it was so significant for me. More and more people are becoming seekers. They see the value of listening to people and helping them connect to Jesus. 

YIPPEE DIPPEE!

(I am feeling somewhat frisky and silly right now.)

Oh, I have been meditating on the Lord's Prayer all week, and on the "Our Father" part, I put the poem I wrote about my dad (and had written for the "Suffering Grief and Losses" station of the 2HC). I will share it here eventually. Boy, did I ever cry while writing it and reading it to my group, but I need to not feel bad about that. I just cry. And that is OK!

I need to write down everyone I am meeting with. There are a lot of new people, and old people have faded away somewhat. One that I was meeting temporarily about the Enneagram has gone to trauma therapy, and I think that is a very good thing! Another has totally ghosted me. I walked with her through a major transition, and now there is no word from her, but I think that is OK! I let her go. I never heard back from one of the spiritual directors in training when she had to suspend our time to meet with the prescribed Ignatian director from Sustainable Faith. I never heard back from her, even though I think that ended in the summer of 2022, but that is OK because I really am transitioning more and more to international workers and leaders who work with international workers (i.e. spiritual directors). So that is really more where my calling is going.

There is the thirteen-minute timer. BYE!


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...