Saturday, February 25, 2023

The Jesus Revolution: How God Transformed an Unlikely Generation and How We Can Do It Again Today





I am going to see the movie today. When I reserved this book a while back, I didn't even know they were making a movie out of it. 

This book sent me back to a memory of being in the First Baptist Church of El Segundo, CA (a beach city in Southern California) sometime in the early 70s, on a Sunday night. There were hippies and congregants, young and old, gathered in the center aisle between the pews, holding hands and singing a modern Christian song (was it "We are One in the Spirit" or "It Only Takes a Spark"? - I cannot remember.). All I know is that it is a warm memory of people coming together from different backgrounds: non-churched and churched, in worship to our uniting Lord. It still gives me chills: GOD WAS IN OUR MIDST.

Who knew it was a revolution? I just saw it as a taste of heaven. 

I am in tears right now. Loved reading this book and being one of those non-churched people who came to Jesus in the process.

Praise be to our wonderful LORD.

Come, Lord Jesus.

(Going to see the movie in a few hours.)

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

WOW. I keep hearing about this movie and I didn't know it was a book, nor did I know it was about Greg Laurie until I read the blurb & review yesterday. Did you like the movie? Sunshine

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Hi Sunshine!
Yes, I did like the movie. I cried through the whole thing. I think I am going to "freewrite" in a few after my spiritual direction appointment this morning. It was a lovely experience and took me back to the late 60s.

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...