Saturday, January 28, 2023

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (Blade Runner) by Philip K. Dick


I am not the biggest science fiction fan, but I liked Man in the High Castle by the same author. So, I read this one on the "list," and I liked it! I hope to watch the movie soon. (Although my kids say it is violent, and I don't like violence.)

Here is why James Mustich thinks it should be one of the 1000 Books You Read Before You Die:

As the basis for the first and best adaptation of a Dick novel to film (Ridley Scott’s 1982 Blade Runner), this book occupies a central place in the PKD oeuvre. But its virtues and affect are different from the cinematic interpretation, more in line with Dick’s core preoccupations. All told, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? is a vital excursion into imaginatively uncanny territory that seems more eerily prescient with each passing year. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...