Sunday, January 08, 2023

Daily Reflections for Advent and Christmas: Walking in Joyful Hope 2020-2021


I don't remember where I picked this book up, but I found it in my Christmas book basket and decided to give it a whirl. I love the subtitle of Walking in Joyful Hope since joy is my theme for 2023 (even though this book is a devotional from two years ago). 

It goes from the first Sunday in Advent to the 10th of January. It was hit or miss as far as the entries were concerned. Sometimes, some of the verses did not match what she talked about in the devotional (I am wondering if it was just the Catholic verses for that day?) Some were lovely though. I would recommend it (with some skips - especially the veneration of Mary stuff because I am not Catholic). 

I did like how she talked about different poems (although she doesn't put the poems in the book - wondering if there is a need to pay the publishers of the poems for their use). 

I will say I love the colors on the cover! 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...