Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Wednesday Journaling


Today's "Just One Minute" subject was "Slow Down." So I am going to be intentional about walking more slowly around the house and not rushing about. I also am going to go and have a Centering Prayer time after this journal/freewrite because I will not be doing it with the nuns of East Mosely today. It is the Wednesday IMAGINE! I miss doing them every week, but I have the OMS Prayer Watches, and they are a little more personal. 

Speaking of the Prayer Watches, I have loved them. I started in January and I do them pretty regularly. It is not every day, but if I am up at 5:30, I go ahead and join in. Today was weird, we had someone new to the Watch, and he made a blanket political statement, and I thought that was interesting being that I have never heard anyone lash out about a politician on a Watch before. It has happened in my Cohort a couple of times, but that was early on, and I wonder if my cohort leader said something because it has not happened in months. So it was a little unnerving for me. I have decided that I will just "Drop the Stone" of it (another subject in the "Just One Minute" course I am taking). I decided to move on from the Watch at that point, but it was almost over. So I don't think anyone even noticed that I did. I just think there is no place for political statements in a prayer watch. Just my opinion. I will disengage when that happens. 

I think I am finally over what I felt from Sunday. It felt good to go to class and have such a life-giving time with my students. I love my class this term, and I love my coworkers. They are all so nice and kind and easy to be around. I know that I cannot do this forever, but it is so good for me to get on my bike, rain or shine, and go and teach a class. It moves my body, engages my mind, and connects my heart. It does it all! So I will be there for at least another year. In fact, I am going to maybe do two classes in the Spring, but I won't start until May 2 in the middle of the term. That is because we are going on a trip to the Meditteranean in April. I am excited about that. They gave me the time off of work to do it. 

Well, I think that this has been long enough for me. Going to slowly move through my day. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...