Friday, October 15, 2021

Friday Fire Freewrite Fifteen



 I love my freewrites. I can call them journaling. Although journaling really is more for my own eyes. 

It has been a very good week. Yesterday was a really good confirmation of the direction that God has me going in.

This week in the 2nd Half Collaborative, we are encouraging practicing "Unhurry." I think it is termed that to go along with The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer (Portland resident - go Oregon). I like reading the reflections of the people in the cohort I facilitate. I don't doubt that each of them is a hard working person. So it is good for them to slow down.

I don't really think of it as "not working" either. Maybe it is because I need to practice what I preach. I think of my reflective walks before and after my spiritual direction appointment as part of my job. I would to an After Action Review with my commanding officer in the army, right? Well this is like an AAR with my boss who also happens to be my Father, King, lover of my soul, etc. So it is a little different from a "commanding officer." I also see this as practicing what I preach. Which is not hard because I think I am called to this kind of life. 

It was not that yesterday was not full. I woke up and had time with God (Celtic Morning Prayer/Pray as You Go/Lectio365). Then I went to the 2nd Prayer Watch with the OMS. We had meditation in 2 Corinthians 3 about the Holy Spirit. I consider these prayer watches times of slowing down. So later, in the 3rd Watch, I led them through a Breath Prayer time "Holy Spirit Come" because three out of four of us were in the 2nd Watch. This was so good for me. Holy Spirit Come. 

Then I got on my bike and rode to class, taught it, and rode home, ate, rested, recreated (watched a bit of Survivor that I recorded) and went to Jo's Silent Prayer time for 45 minutes and Examen (4th Watch) with the group. I had my Celtic Midday Prayer time. As Jo's time, she played a song that had a burning fire in it. Things just clicked for me as that was the vision I saw on November 3, 2018, about a "Community of Contemplatives in Action." I kept thinking it was with one group I have been involved with for 27 years. I still sense that it is, but my OMS community is already there. There is no fighting for that. It just is built into the DNA of the group. It is a wing and not a weight, even though I am taking on a leadership role with one of the Prayer Watches and sub for Jo's Silent Prayer time. I just get to experience God with them.

I loved my week though with the prayer time for our part of the world with like-hearted people (most of whom are NOT with the group of 27 years - interesting). I just want to be open, but I still feel like it is with the 27 year group. 

Well, I am off to my time with the Jesuits in Scotland! 


BYE! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...