Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Pilgrimage to Mt. St. Michel



Since I got up SO EARLY this morning, and I finished my paper, I am going to write about my Pilgrimage to Mt. St. Michel this January. 

In 2018, George and I took an unforgettable trip from Paris into the Heart of France with Rick Steves' Tours. One of the best parts of that tour was our wonderful tour guide, Chris Coleman. She and I had a lot in common in that we both teach fitness classes, and she had a little muscle problem that I was able to help her with the use of MELT Method balls that I had brought along on our trip. We became Facebook friends, and she noticed that I was doing the Conquerer Challenge Virtual Pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago (let me know if you want to do it because I can send you a code that will get you a 10% discount). We were hoping to do the REAL Camino with others in the Fall of 2019, but we all know what happened. So I invited everyone to do it virtually, and everyone signed up to do the 480-mile challenge! It was fun. I am currently doing the entire length of Great Britain and have about 130 miles to go on that 1084 mile trek (currently on Loch NESS in Scotland - it is a big loch). 

When Chris saw me posting about these challenges, she got an idea. Why don't I set up a virtual challenge through France and use my Rick Steves Tour Guide expertise? So, she partnered with another RS Guide, Patrick Vidal, who is on the ground. He has been filming the entire "Pilgrimage to Mt. St. Michel" (see above map)! Every day, we get a recorded YouTube video (10-15 minutes), and we get a live feed on Saturdays (I do Pilates in my living room while I watch and get mileage credit). It is 170 miles, and it has lasted the whole month of January. On Mondays, we get culture and history. On Wednesdays, we get wellness tips, and on Fridays, we hear about the food and wine (and get recipes) of the region. 

It has been great fun, and I highly recommend it. Next month, Chris will be partnering with CORVALLIS native, Karin Kibby, who lives in Italy. That should be fun too. 

Here is info on the Italian adventure on Chris Coleman's website: 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...