Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Tuesday Morning Freewrite Fifteen

Oh it is like a Monday as we had Labor Day yesterday.

I am not sure what I will write about this morning. I have to say that it is so beautiful outside this morning, and I hope to go for a little walk on my crutches. I took my first real walk on Saturday with George. It felt glorious! I have crutched in and out of doctors offices, and I did go one time to the library in the 6 1/2 weeks I could not put weight on my left leg, but last Thursday, the doc gave me the OK to do 10-15% and adding double that every two days or so. So, I am at 30-45% today! That is pretty exciting. So, walking is not as hard now because, although I still need my crutches for support, I can WALK with the aid of crutches. So, my arms do not get as tired. We even walked on Cabel Marsh at Finley Wildlife Refuge yesterday (see video below).

All told, it was a fabulous day. I am pretty sure I will go to Boise with George's help next Thursday. I am going to have my house all cleaned up today by Valentina and Pieter. So, I cannot do this freewrite too much longer. 

Oh, I had gotten on the scaled, and I was horrified by how much weight I had gained during my recovery, but I forgot about the weight of the brace I wear, my big thick robe, the 32 ounces of tea I had just consumed, etc. Regardless, I did gain some weight, but not as much as I thought. So, I went back on LoseIt! and have already shed some pounds. So, I am hopeful on that front. The two biggest fears I had during this recovery were my weight going up and my back going out. My back has been great, thanks in part to Dr. Myers seeing me for MA appointments every two weeks and doing ab exercises in bed. It seems to do well for about nine days after his appointment, and then it has a lumbar slip. That is my only concern with going to Boise since it is an 8 hour drive in the car and sleeping in a precarious bed. So, I am still not 100% sure I will be going. I want to go though.

So, I better stop writing and get dressed. I am not sure what time they are coming this morning since they are coming on a different day than usual. It doesn't hurt to be prepared. TTFN. 






View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Carol Weaver (@carolfoasia) on

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...