Saturday, September 14, 2019

Saturday Sweet Sixteen Minute Freewrite

I am on a writing roll lately! I can sit upright more, and I can also move my laptop around the house since I have one hand free since I am on one crutch. That has given me significant freedom to type away, and I am also not preparing to teach like I usually do after Labor Day. But what is funny is I set up both my courses on Canvas in June so I would not have as much work to do in the Fall. GO FIGURE. Life is what happens to you when you are making other plans. I think John Lennon said that? I don't know who said that. I will look it up after the freewrite.

Yesterday was great. My Centering Prayer word was FAITHFUL, and I decided to have a Friday Fast to Feed on His Faithfulness and for Family intercession. My boys need jobs. My husband is looking at a possible NEW job. He is very secure in his current job, but this injury has brought home that if something happens, it is really hard to commute back and forth to Portland every day. As it was, Paul did not have a job. So, he could care for me and feed me and get ice for me every hour. So, I see God faithfulness in him NOT getting a job yet, but now that I am better and have on hand free (I even unloaded the dishwasher for the first time since July 18th!), I do not need someone home to help me. I am so excited that I have taken the last three showers without any help! WOOHOO. I can put enough weight on my left leg to get over the RIDGE that goes into my shower. The first time I needed to pull up on the bar over the door of my shower, but I don't even need to do that anymore! I don't have to wait for George to get home. I used to get pretty mealy taking a shower every three to four days and washing my hair only once a week. So YIPPEE. I have freedom to shower.

Time with God has been very sweet this week. I also had a good balance with people and time to read and pray, etc. Today is going to be a people day in the afternoon into the evening as we are going to my college friend, Shan's, memorial open house at 2:30 and a wedding at 4:30. I am still wondering if it is a good idea to go to it. The wedding is a definite yes, but the memorial service really is optional. 

The rest of the morning I will go to the library and maybe take a little walk with George. Who knows? Maybe I will go to the Farmer's Market and walk around! FREEDOM! 

I am going to also do some notetaking from my reading for Module Two of the School of Sustainable Faith Year Two Cohort. I am 60% of the way through. Only four more times going to Boise. I am so grateful to Debbie for letting me stay at her house during this time.

I hope it does not rain for the wedding.

My body is doing well now that I can do full on physical therapy exercises and self-myofascial release rolling and stretching. My body and back are doing great. I have also lost five pounds of the 10 that I gained lying in bed for seven weeks. I am still lying in bed a lot due to swelling, but I am exercising a bit more and also watching what I eat. Yesterday's fast was for my family, and it also reigned in my eating a bit more. I feel really good about that. I am back on LoseIt! recording almost daily. I would love to beat my streak of about 200 days of recording, but I have days where it isn't feasible to record because I am out and about and not knowing how much I am eating. Today will be a test as there will be food at both places. 

Oh, Michael woke up unable to breath at about 4:30! SO SCARY. I was in a deep sleep, and I could not go back to sleep so I got up and had a lot of good time with God. I do get up about 5, but I was going to sleep in this morning because I didn't fall asleep until 1:30. So it is going to be a very LONG day. But I got a lot of sleep earlier in the week due to feeling like I was fighting something. So I should be OK. 

By the way, I have not lifted my fingers from this keyboard the WHOLE time I have been on here. Seems like it should be about sixteen minutes, but I am not going to ask my timer and just keep going until it goes. It seems like it should be any time.

One more thing. I joined a 1000 Books to Read Before You Die group on Goodreads. I am very excited to have other books nerds to journey with. Most I know here would never want to do this. 

I am going to go now. I think I have about a minute to go, but I want to move on with my day! TTFN. Ohh. I might go out on the deck and sit now that I can sit in that chair!  


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...