Monday, September 09, 2019

Monday Freewrite Fifteen

Success! I made it to Boise and back! I could not have done it without my sweet soulmate, George. He did go with me the first day to the supervision, and he was willing to stay downstairs to help me with bathroom things, but Gene had installed a chair height toilet for when April had knee surgery. So, I was able to get down and up again without a grab bar. So YAY! It was all good for me to be there without him. So, he went back to Eagle and went for a hike with Ralph. I came back on Friday night and did rolling and stretching (because I can get down to the floor now and can take my brace off while I am rolling), but I did demonstrate the Theracane on my serratus posterior inferior to Debbie and Ralph, and I think I "woke it up and made it mad." So the next day's sitting during supervision was a bit uncomfortable. I changed chairs and put it on the carpet because Bill said it was more comfortable for him to do that, and it alleviated. When I came back to Debbie's. I propped up my legs on her chair and did a lot of pelvic tilts and iced my knee. Sitting upright for two days made me really swell up. So that was good. I also had a thorough rolling and stretching. SO my serratus posterior inferior relaxed! YAY! 

The supervision was good. I really like this group of people. Marty and Sandy (my supervisors) are letting me skip doing the Spiritual Exercises with their people. I  feel sorry for the rest of the people in my group because they are required to do it with this person who only has limited hours to do it, and they have to stop doing their regular spiritual direction and do it with this lady. It is sort of an impossible situation, and I am glad I will not have that hassle. Praying for Marty and Sandy on this. They are sort of caught in the middle between their supervisors and us. YIKES.

George just went out the door to go back to work. So GOOD to spend Thursday through Sunday with him. I miss him so very much. We had so much time to talk and connect, and I am SO GRATEFUL for him. I love the way we communicate with one another. It is that Type 9 (George) and Type 2 (Me) way of relating that is good. I am so grateful for all his help this weekend. He got up early to help me get ready to go to supervision.


From the day of my injury on July 18th, I had been concerned about making it to Boise. I don't think it would have been feasible if I were not weight bearing bit. But I am on the earlier end of being able to weight bear on my leg. In fact, I am at the 1 1/2 week mark after starting weight bearing, and the doctor said that I could switch to a cane. Last night, I did just that, and it was GREAT. I walked to the kitchen and back with no problem. 

I will not take walking for granted again. It is a gift.

Now, I am back in my happy place at home. I am going to take today to totally rest and get some "I" time because that is the most people contact I have had in 7 1/2 weeks! I am pooped! Last night, I could barely keep my eyes open, and I slept about 8 hours which is 2 hours more than my normal "sleepless elite gene" 6 hours. So, I knew I was really, really tired. 

After Monday rest, I have a spiritual direction discussion with Nicole. I am excited about that. I am not sure if she wants a session or she wants to talk about becoming one. But I love Nicole and meeting with her is always a joy because she is so smart, funny, and deeply spiritual. So it is all so very good. :) 

I do hope to start doing the Exercises with Kim and Anne some time this month, and I think that I am ready for it. I need to get my CPR/First Aid renewed though. I have to figure that out because it is probably happening very soon. 

It seems like it my timer should go. OH THERE IT IS! BYE!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...