Friday, October 28, 2016

39. The Terror Years: From Al-Queda to the Islamic State by Lawrence Wright

WOW! This was one of the best books I read all year. (So much so that I took it on a walk with me and read as I walked.) 

It is really well-written, and it will give you so much insight into how we got to where we are today! This is a series of articles that the author wrote over the course of 10 years of reporting.

I wanted to quote from the epilogue (which is masterful), but the book is in my husband's car! 

The last article "Five Hostages" will break your heart, and it is probably the best of the them all. I found the one on Saudi Arabia also very helpful in my understanding. It is called "Kingdom of Silence." 

I will definitely read other books by this author! 

I first learned about this book while listening to this NPR interview:




No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...