Monday, July 04, 2016

Freewrite Fourteen for Fourth of July

I am setting the clock for 14 minutes and going to freewrite on no particular subject.

My fingers will continue to type even when I have no particular subject as my agenda.

The PUMP Party went off without a hitch. We had all the hours manned, and people came and prayed, and it was fun. There was only one time when there were only two people, and we joined them at 1 pm, and they said they felt resistance. So, we prayed into the resistance, and he really felt like it lifted. It was so great to have T and SG there at about 2 pm. They added so much to the dialogue as they talked about their experience and where the country is now. We prayed into that, and them we sang a hymn! Oh my heart was in raptures during that hymn.  Younger people singing a hymn? Unheard of these days, and it was sung with such enthusiasm, and I felt the Spirit there with such power and strength. 

We did a good thing that day, and it was such a good way to spend a day. I am going to write the words to the hymn so as to have it be my meditation for the morning  (Oh my, Michael Card has an album of hymns and sings this one, and it is on Amazon Prime!):

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness 
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus' name

Chorus:
On Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

When darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil

[Chorus]

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood
When all around my soul gives way
He then is all my hope and stay

[Chorus]

When He shall come with trumpet sound
O may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless to stand before the throne

[Chorus]

Oh the raptures of glory. 

Ok here is my sadness. I know many my age who used to claim this, and now they are on other ground.

But on Friday, there was great HOPE. Most of those who prayed were in their 20's and 30's. There were only three of us who were regularly and one more who came for an hour who were in our 50's and 60's. T and SG are in their 40's. Will those in the room in their 20's and 30's still be found in Him when the trumpet sounds?

Actually, most of the people that I talked about two paragraphs ago, who no longer stand on the solid rock, were in their 40's and 50's when they changed. Hmm. I have no "bad experience" when it comes to Jesus. It is all good with Jesus. So, I am not at all sure I can relate. I was not raised in the church. I came to Him of my own free will without anything being pushed or shoved on me. I had seen enough of a life without the solid Rock (My family did not, even though they would have said they walked with Him. But there was no evidence of that. They were great and fun people though, and I am grateful!) That is why I have not pushed or shoved my children. I want their reliance on Him to be totally of their own choosing. I am not afraid. I trust and lean on Him.

Well the timer went off, and I am still in the middle of some thoughts.

Just to say, I think that song was a turning point for me in terms of resistance. There was none after that point. It was smooth sailing from then on. Environmentally, it got very hot in there, and I got a headache from not drinking, but my spirit felt great!

It was a good use of those 11 hours we had on earth. 

We ended the time at 8 pm and got dressed up to go to the mosque and break that fast with Muslims. Nine of us went, and we had a fabulous time. When I told the teaching leader of the mosque that we spent the whole day praying for their people she said, "Alhamdulillah (all praise be to God), that is so good! Thank you!"

It was the first time there for four out of nine of the people, and they loved it too!

Then on Sunday, I was pretty wiped out, but I got up early and had time with God. Then Michelle got up (house guest and an important participant in the PUMP), and we had breakfast and talked (Thus why we missed Steve's great sermon on Philippians!). Then she left and George and I went for a Hospital Hill walk and talk. Then, he gardened while I watched the Sunday morning news shows. Then he made two cherry pies for 4th of July and took Paul to Albany for some driving practice. (Yes, he is 21 and still does not have his license. He just loved taking the bus for high school and college. So, he did not see the need for a very long time.)  Then we left for Newberg at 3:45 to go and spend from 5-9 at his mom's house visiting with his best friend from high school and college, James, and his wife Jennifer. It involved lots of attentive listening for four hours (After they left, my sweet mother-in-law took note at how I listened the whole time and only asked questions, but I always get lost in people's stories. I am only tired afterwards.) Then, we drove back. I tried to watch the new PBS show, but I kept falling asleep and went to sleep at about 11:20 pm. 

A great weekend, and now it is the fourth. We have NO PLANS. No parties to go to, and we did not plan a party. We all want to just watch the last Lord of the Rings movie. I am game for that! We are going to make a pot of Old Settler's Beef and Bean and George and I are actually going to go to the Fourth of July parade because we have always been very curious about it! We will ride our bikes because I have hardly gotten any exercise the last couple of days (other than that little walk up Hospital Hill and some stretching). 

So, here we go to start our day, and this was more than 14 minutes. :) 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...