Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Another "R" Word: Resist!

Well DUH! 

I knew God had given me all these "R" words to ponder yesterday, but one that I ignored was "RESIST"!

(He did give it to me yesterday, and I had even written it in my journal, but I missed it when defining my "R" words!) 


re•sist  \ri-ˈzist\  verb
[Middle English, from Middle French or Latin; Middle French resister, from Latin resistere, from re- + sistere to take a stand; akin to Latin stare to stand — more at STAND]
(14th century)
intransitive verb
  : to exert force in opposition
transitive verb
 1 : to exert oneself so as to counteract or defeat
 2 : to withstand the force or effect of
synonymy see OPPOSE

Merriam-Webster, I. (1996). Merriam-Webster’s collegiate dictionary (10th ed.). Springfield, MA: Merriam-Webster.

436. ἀνθίστημι anthístēmi; fut. antistḗsō, perf. anthéstēka, 2d aor. antéstēn, imperf. mid. anthistámēn, from antí (473), against, and hístēmi (2476), to stand. To stand against, resist, whether in deed or word 

Zodhiates, S. (2000). The complete word study dictionary: New Testament (electronic ed.). Chattanooga, TN: AMG Publishers.

I was uncharacteristically EXHAUSTED yesterday. It was not until I told Nancy the story of the Gerasene Demoniac that things cleared. I believe that exhaustion was spiritual. I was a new woman after that. I had "armored up" before and during the PUMP Party, but I did not do so afterward. My bad. DUH! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...