Friday, February 08, 2013

Friday Fifteen Freewrite

It has been too long since I let my fingers do the walking across the keyboard without stopping (an informal definition of a "free write").

I have had a good week. I went to a Pastor's Prayer Summit. The leading men of the Valley have gathered at Cannon Beach for the past 23 years, and the women have gathered for the last eight (or so). I got invited about two years ago, and I went then and skipped last year, but I was able to go this year. I am so glad that I did.  I am still singing the songs of praise from the time. I don't sing enough these days. I definitely praise, but I loved the hours of worship in song!  It was a good time where I decided that I would be open to George teaching in India this summer. That was a great thing. I almost hope that it happens now. It sounds adventurous and fun, and I would probably get to see Elizabeth in the process. :)

Well, Acts is humming along. It has taken me a long time to get through it, but I definitely feel like it was God's timing to have me bathing in Acts as I head into this season of Lent (February 13) and my "Seek God for the City" prayer emphasis! I am so excited to do this! I am hoping to walk the streets of Corvallis and pray for the welfare of our city in all the nooks and crannies. YAY! I feel like this year is definitely an intercession year for me. I have held back from new relationships with internationals after a full year with my two "daughters" who graduated. I really love to walk and pray, and I would love for others to join me. So, I am going to tell people that they can do that with me. :)

My sweet mother-in-law fell and broke her hip yesterday so we are going up to Tualatin as she gets out of surgery. George has a class until 3 pm. This will be a good time to leave before the heavy Friday traffic in Portland. We can stay until the traffic dies down and then go back home. I have a baby shower too (book shower - what book Lord?) for Jenna Hicks ? (I don't know her new last name).

I am doing really well with my back. I have a new ligament stretching exercise (the "fire hydrant") that seems to keep my hip from slipping out of the S-I joint (I am also not sitting as long and will have to notify those I am doing counseling with that I cannot sit more than an hour at a time).  I am getting stronger and able to do the more advanced aerobic weight training video at SNAP fitness now. I am even a tad on the sore side after the one I did yesterday that shows it is a bit harder (but not so much harder that it threw my back out. YAY!). I am 14.4 pounds down. The Prayer Summit food threw me off a bit from my weekly goal, but I am WAY ahead of my overall goal of 14 pounds by Valentine's Day so YAY! :) I am pleased with how this whole strengthening and reducing program has been going for me. I have a higher number of calorie intake and less pressure to lose every week. This is SO much more realistic for me for the long run. I am committed to a food log though, even after I reach my goal. My goal is not weight loss this year but MAINTENANCE of that weight loss. I am committed to doing this until December 20, 2013: one WHOLE year of logging food and wearing the BodyBugg. I KNOW that it is going to stick this time. I have no doubt that this will happen. YAY! It is all so good.

I am loving Bible Book Club. I might have already mentioned Acts. I told myself I would only allow myself ONE post for every ONE pound, and I am able to work through 1 Corinthians 11 (post for June 3).  Once I reach my maintenance goal (2 Corinthians 9 - isn't it cool that it is about "buffeting my body"?), I will stop if I gain any pounds back!  It is fun and keeps me from too much sedentary stuff. That is also why my photography is on hold, and I will not do 365 again until I am at maintenance and I will also apply that rule: No picture of the day if I gain weight! Win-Win.

Harp is going. No proofreading so I will stay humble. I apologize for the typos and any there/their/they're mistakes (sometimes I type and don't think, but I really DO know the difference between the three. Honest!).

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...