Sunday, September 30, 2012

52 in 52 Week 40: The World of Downton Abbey by Jessica Fellowes

What a visual treat! I checked this out of the library intending to only look at the pictures, but 
my friend, Stephanie encouraged me to read the whole thing. It opened up a world for me that I did not totally understand. I rewatched the whole series with a more educated eye, and it made it even more enjoyable (if that is even possible). 

This is written by the niece of the writer of the series, Julian Fellowes. She organizes it according to different topics: family life, society, change, life in service, style, house and estate, romance, war, and behind the scenes. It made me want to visit Highclere Castle! I had entered a sweepstakes to go there everyday between February and April, and would you know, I would find out the week I read this book, that some guy in Ohio won and not ME! WAAAAH.

Guess I will have to settle for the book, but that is not such a bad alternative!
 I highly recommend it. It is spendy. So, see if your library has it. 

The pictures in this are gorgeous. Here is a 21 page sample of it: http://us.macmillan.com/static/theworldofdowntonabbey/index.html

Here is a video montage on Amazon of the book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m19TAINIJKZY0Q/ref=ent_fb_link



No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...