Monday, March 05, 2012

Monday Morning Freewrite

I usually start these when I first get up, but I have been up for 2 1/2 hours writing already. The house was very quiet and peaceful, and I thought I would write and then go to Pilates, but I am right in the middle of Matthew 24! UGH. When I awoke, I thought surely I could get through it in 2 1/2 hours and Pilates will be a nice breaking point, but George came out to make coffee and noise. So, my concentration was broken at 7:30 am. I also needed a "back break" and realized I was quite "wonky" as I put on my slippers. I showered and loosened up and went on my foam roller only to have a "crack, crack, crack" break out on my back, back, back (could not resist that). It was a "good" crack, crack, crack but made me realize that I was pretty unstable. 


So, I am not going to Pilates and will do "Praise Moves" and stretching along with my strength routine from Amanda. I think the strength routine from Shandra is not right for me. I sort of knew it as I did it. I am definitely strong enough to do all the moves (with heavy weight even), but they are not moves that protect my back. Surely I can strengthen without compromising that!  I am wondering if I can have Amanda give me a whole strength regiment. Or I may just go back to Group Power. That class never hurt my back because everything was "straight" on as opposed to twisting and having possible wrong positioning. I have to pray about this.  


It also could be irritated by those soft chairs at the Darkside Theatre. I should have just gone to the other chair. I didn't want to draw attention to myself. By the way, The Artist movie is lovely, but it is one I could have viewed in my home with a comfortable chair; unlike Hugo which really cannot be fully appreciated if not seen in a movie theatre with surround-sound, 3D, and big screen. Thankfully the Carmike has VERY back-friendly chairs! :)  


Well, I am going to go back to Matthew 24. The kids are stirring now and will be off to college classes within the hour. 



No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...