Friday, January 02, 2009

Quiet Time Notes from Day of Prayer and January 1 & 2

Day of Prayer

You have given me "rest on all sides" (2 Chronicles 20:30). Yahoo! I love the "culture of peace" I am in!

You act on behalf of the one who waits for You (Isaiah 64:4).

Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired
They will walk and not become weary (Isaiah 40:31).

Pray for the "welfare of the city" of Corvallis (Jeremiah 29:7)

These are all books I will be in this year for the Bible Book Club. Interesting.

January 2

You must increase,
I must decrease (John 3:30).

"Satan dines on what we withhold from God." Francis Frangipane, The Three Battlefields

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...