Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Goals

So shoot me. I love to set goals. I love having a direction.

I have seven goals in 2007

WORSHIP - Moment by Moment practicing of His presence
WORDS - Words few and listen for purpose of prayer. Quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger.
W's - Immediate family and extended love and stay connected
WORK - Wake up to clean counters and sink.
WITNESS - Continue with N, Kid Club, and open to spontaneous relationships
WORD - Romans, Bird's Eye View, discipleship relationships
WEIGHT - Stay in 177-187 range by 6-10 hours of workout and logging my eating

Very simple.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I find your goal-setting inspiring. It's a sign of pure, unadulterated HOPE. :-)

"W" must be the letter of the year for you--cute!

Rachel

Katrina said...

Hey, now that I have a blogger account, it's easy to leave comments. :)

I like your goals. I'm another goal-setter who finds great satisfaction in setting & reaching goals. :)

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Thanks Rachel and Katrina! I miss our FACED goals together. :(

Rachel - so funny you should write about a sign of HOPE because during tea, that is exactly what my friend and I realized about my personality - HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL. That is why it is so hard to let go when it depends on another person willing to make a move toward harmony and health. I can't make them move, but I always seem to hold out HOPE. Sometimes it really wears on me though. Too long I know.

Katrina, doesn't surprise me you find satisfaction in setting those goals either. :)

Rachel said...

That is funny about the recurrence of the word "hope". I have always seen it as a big part of who you are.

I have a post-it on my frig that says, "Hold out hope, but don't hold your breath." To me, that means trusting that God will work and act and bring blessing in his time, but not holding the thing so tightly that I'd feel like I'd die if I didn't get it.

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...