Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Tuesday Freewrite Fifteen


I am just sitting here after my Centering Prayer for the House of Prayer in East London. I have not been with that group for SO LONG! I just haven't had an afternoon free on a Tuesday for a while, and I cannot usually get home in time after I teach Pilates on Wednesdays and Fridays. So there you go. I got a big smile and wave. It was nice to be back.

I have two spiritual direction sessions and one Silent/Centering Prayer session this week. This is the quietest week I have had in a LONG time. For some reason. Everyone who asked to meet (but two) wanted to meet next week or the week after. It is a busy week for people, and not for me! YAHOO! One of my sessions was on Thursday, but I moved it to Tuesday, I moved it to today so I could do my annual 12-hour walk because it is supposed to be sunny all day! The high will be 80, and I am all for that! 

I will link last year's 12-hour walk to this post to understand what it is. I started out doing one a few weeks ago, but it was dashed because I ran into a friend who wanted to visit during my walk. So, I aborted it after 7 hours. :) It was fun.

The only change I will make is to have my phone and watch on. I want to take pictures, and that is not allowed in the 12-hour walk rules, but I won't go overboard with the pictures. I know that I am there to walk and ponder life. 

Today has been nice. I listened to my last podcast of the Renovare Book Club year. I also downloaded all the things I need for leading the group.

Now, I need to discern if I should take Lacy's last class. I was accepted into the last one, but I had to drop out because I could make the adjustments to my already busy spiritual direction schedule. I will have more time to "react" to it. Also, we ended up going to Southeast Asia. So, I would have missed more than one class. This one, I might have to miss two because of the Boller cohort, but I am sure it is fine with Marty and Sandy if I duck out from 7-9 which would be 10-12 Eastern time, and they might be able to have us break for "lunch" early if I tell them far enough ahead of time. I will talk to them about it and ask Lacy if I can forgo the fee for applying and also the application process since I was accepted last time with no problem.

I think I know who one of my directees would be too. I don't know about that other one, but I have an idea of who it might be.

I have five minutes. This year has been so good for me. I think the word DINE was perfect being my desire to look at overeating in a spiritual light. In that vein, I have been Immanuel Journaling, and with that has come the ability to stay on top of what I am feeling and journal through it with God. It is really related in many ways to listening and obeying from the book God Guides. Of course, God Guides is more for mission, but it is about understanding that God sees me, understands my feelings, and he wants to be with me.

This relates to the podcast and later webinar and the whole Parker Palmer concept of being "Functional Atheists." Many of us live the "without God" life rather than the "with God life" and don't even realize it. We are not THEISTS. God is not the divine "watchmaker" who creates us and lets us have at it in life. He is WITH US, He SEES, He KNOWS, He UNDERSTANDS, and He WANTS TO HELP.

Can I hear an AMEN to that! I really believe that I am more and more able to have the "with-God life." 

I have that song "I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS" song in my head. I will link it later. 

So, I need discernment about this Spiritual Direction with Children.

BYE 

Here is the link to that song:





No comments:

Tuesday Freewrite Fifteen

I am just sitting here after my Centering Prayer for the House of Prayer in East London. I have not been with that group for SO LONG! I just...