Wednesday, November 09, 2022

POST COVID FREEWRITE



I started this two days ago. So, I am starting over again. One of my directees and I were talking about the importance of writing for us, and I told her I did freewrites almost daily and that I used to post them on my blog a lot. It made me miss more regular freewrites. I do them more in my private journal now though.

So, I am one week out from our return to Corvallis from the Camino and Castlewellan. It will be at 2:35 today. My COVID symptoms are totally gone now, but George still has a lingering cough and also has no taste or smell. It is amazing how we all react to this virus differently.

So, for the last few days I have had a steady stream of directees. I was busy from Friday to Monday. Friday, I started a Contemplative Cohort with people from all over the world. I also met with one of my directees who is finishing up the Spiritual Exercises. After that meeting, I made a handout for my Contemplative Cohort. (You can view it on my Body and Soul Companion blog if you want to join in the "November is for Noticing God in All Things" practice.) Then I picked up my guest (childhood and college friend) for the weekend. Thankfully, she went out with my basketball buddies on Friday night because I was still in quarantine. Then I got up the next morning and fixed her breakfast because my sweet George was so sick. We had no groceries, but John and Katherine went shopping for us and delivered them to our door! I had to isolate myself from my guest until an hour before the banquet for the OSU Hall of Fame and Trailblazer inductees. This all left me pretty wiped out. It is enough to deal with jetlag but COVID for both of us made having a guest difficult. I took her to the shuttle at 4:45 am on Monday morning and crashed afterward. (Note to self - give yourself a buffer when you come back - I could see us not doing the Gathering and Castlewellan and going directly home after the Camino, but we did not know about the Hall of Fame banquet until after we had already booked these tickets, and I am glad we did it all because it was so lovely to meet all the 24-7/Order of the Mustard Seed people. I am also so glad to see my friend, and it would have been rude not to have her stay with us!) 

I canceled my two Monday directees and rescheduled them for Thursday. I also did not make it to Silent Prayer and had a total rest day. (Except I had to write a recommendation letter that was due and couldn't get to until coming back from overseas.) I was much more refreshed for the two directees I had on Tuesday and the one I had this morning because of the rest. 

Now I am waiting on hearing back from my partner, Dan, about meeting to discuss our small group and another woman who is RIGHT in my target group for spiritual directees! She contacted me, out of the blue, when we arrived in Santiago. I am waiting to set up a time for a meeting with her and am very excited about this relationship. 

The sun is shining brilliantly. So, when it gets a little warmer (32 degrees right now), we will go walk in the sunshine and enjoy the fall leaves!

I think my time is up for this freewrite. TTFN!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...