Friday, August 19, 2022

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I have loved freewrites for many years now. I haven't done one on here for a while. I am so much more inclined to type them now rather than write them, but I did love my four months of the "morning pages." That was great, but I felt like the papers (6 8x10 pages a day) were too much! So, this is what I like better.

We went on a fabulous vacation. Our drive was a little harrowing over The Blues Mountains because they were transporting all these wind turbine bases, and as we were going around the curves, we had to contend with these trucks hauling them and taking two lanes to do it. Oh, and did I mention it was POURING down rain while it was happening. Suffice it to say, I was not kind and was very naggy at George. Then we got stuck behind one of those trucks on the straight part through The Blues when it went to one lane for miles and miles. I had some apologies to do at the end of our trip. I did not like how stressed I got, but as always, George was very forgiving.

We had the cutest little cabin, and there was a trail right out our door to the lake, and George bought these nice carts so we could bring our kayaks down to the water. Paul and George went kayaking the first night, and George and I went the second night, and I think George went alone another night. I cannot remember, but it was so fun.

The best money spent was going on the tram from 4,000 feet to 8,000 feet to see the Eagle Cap Wilderness peaks without a long trail hike up the hill! It was worth every penny to see the spectacular view. (See picture above.) 

I loved our time together. We also went on a hike on Hurricane Creek up to Slick Rock Falls. So beautiful and not too difficult of a hike up for 1.5 hours and back for a little less. 

We also visited with my friend from college, Mary K, and her husband Bob. We played basketball together at OSU, and I had not been to Joseph since her wedding 41 years ago! So it was great tracking her down and visiting with them. On our way out of town, we had brunch with them.

The way back to Corvallis was a lot easier because we took another way through The Blues. Instead of going down onto I-84, we entered a two-lane highway that took us over them at a higher elevation, and there were hardly any cars and not as many sharp curves. NO TRUCK HAULING LARGE OBJECTS either. I was in a much better mood this time.

All the way around it was a great time.

Another good thing about our trip was I did not overeat! I kept with my WW points, and I have lost about 10 pounds altogether; three before WW and seven since I started on July 27th. It has been even easier than the last time I did it because they give you points based on what you like to eat. So, it has been really easy because the Zero-point foods are great. I like filling up on fruits, and I get points added on for drinking 60 ounces of water and for each cup of vegetables. I have not had any sweets since I came back from vacation, and I think I am going to stick with fruits and veggies until I am down to what I would like to be. I think that will be around when we leave for Spain in October. I am doing this slowly. I really need to retrain my eating because I lost my way and forgot about self-care. So, I will be on this for a while, and so far, it is not super time-consuming.

It has helped that I cut out the Third Watch for OMS. I love it, but it was cutting into my morning exercise time as it is too hot to go for walks later in the day, and I cannot get a long walk in as dawn is coming later and later these days. So, I let it go until after the Camino.

Speaking of dawn. I want to get a short walk in before I meet with my friend from Southeast Asia this morning. 

Bye! 

P.S. My friend could only meet for 30 minutes today. So, I got in a 45-minute walk before my next spiritual direction appointment!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...