Tuesday, January 04, 2022

The Artist's Way


This got me thinking a lot. I am grateful that I never felt stifled in my creativity by my parents. Nor did I pick up anxiety about money. I liked this, but it turns out it was an abridgment. Also, since I only have it for three weeks, and it is a twelve-week book of exercises. So, I am going to get the book. It was a good overview of the book that I have heard about for so many years.

I will say she talks about the "Morning Pages" as though they are a chore. I laughed because I LOVE to write. So, I will keep doing this. I don't like how many paper pages I will have to go through in one year 500+ (1095 sides), but I see the advantage of writing with versus typing. I am looking forward to doing this more as the year goes by. 


Favorite line:


"Enthusiasm (from the Greek, “filled with God”) is an ongoing energy supply tapped into the flow of life itself."

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...