Tuesday, March 03, 2015

BBC BHAG

BBC  BHAG = Bible Book Club Big Hairy Audacious Goal

I have been pretty focused for the last few months. So I have not been reading very much. I have now TOTALLY completed the third cycle of the Bible Book Club, I edited and updated all the posts and put them in a word processor. I woke up at 2 am yesterday with 2,3 John, Jude, and Revelation on my heart and finished them by 9 am. Seven RICH hours in the Word! 

Then I wanted to update my Jesse Tree Devotional, something we do at the end of the third year because we finish the whole Bible by the end of October (in your face Halloween!). So, I worked starting at 9:07 am and took breaks for my walks, household things,  prayer time, TOAG work, and arranging for the Prayer Conference in May, and I finished that by 11:53 pm last night. My word processor said it took me 851 minutes to complete it, over 14 hours!

How weird to wake up this morning and not have my routine of making tea and listening to my Bible (also weird that the guy who narrates the NASB died in a car accident last Wednesday night as I was finishing up this goal. He has been my companion every morning for so many years!). 

Of course, I will still read my Bible, but that labor of love (and it really WAS my devotional time for the last 7 years and 2 months and 1 week) has some completeness to it. :) 

Update: I decided to go through everything again in order to proofread. So I am still getting up and reading every morning like before! This has taken me 12 1/2 weeks so far, but I am on 1 Corinthians today and should be done by the end of the week! :) 


No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...