Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Well Update

Well-Watered Soul

Trying to tackle Romans 9 at 9:30 am. I am at Coffee Culture waiting to meet with Lisa at 10 am. I "set up shop" realizing that I should have brought my Precept Upon Precept Study! I know I am not totally getting it, and that would help me immensely. Oh well. I will freewrite for a while and keep observing the chapter.

Listening to ""Hymns 4 Worship Radio" on Pandora, and it is my new favorite station. None of that rock and roll kind of worship music. I can only listen to that for so long. This is beautiful contemporary arrangements of mostly hymns, instrumentals, etc. Love it!

Soul is well-watered with a good balance of communion, fellowship, and ministry. I wonder how my spring is doing? I will have to ask Nancy.

Well-Educated Mind

Listening to Nicomachean Ethics while making my chai tea this morning. I really like it. The whole thing on prodigality was amazing. Greeks would have understood the story of The Prodigal Son if they had read Aristotle, and Luke was written for the Greeks!  (Aristotle lived 300 years before Jesus.) That is amazing and something we don't know unless we read ancient literature. It makes me appreciate and understand the Bible so much better to read these ancients. TRULY!

Next after Aristotle will be Thomas Aquinas. Instead of reading the whole Summa Theologica (3000 pages), I will read A Shorter Summa by Peter Kreeft. I might finish the section on Prayer and Contemplation though. I started that several months ago.

I also might listen to Middlemarch on my iPhone too. I cannot WAIT to read that book. I have always wanted to, but I had other books on my list!

Well-Adjusted Heart

Seeing people from my old church this week has been good. It makes me glad I am in a much healthier environment (for me, maybe it isn't toxic for others like it was for me). My heart finds such freedom in the love and acceptance I have with the people of Suburban. Just a different group of people and a different style of relating. I cannot describe it, but it has been 6 1/2 years ago, and I have not looked back.

Well-Tuned Strength

I have written about this a couple of times last week, and I am just going to say WOW! I am a NEW woman!!!  I cannot believe how much better I feel not having to work around my low-level of back pain.. I am bending and cleaning and doing things I was having my men do! I just am trying to be really diligent at doing my exercises every day (and some of them twice a day).

I also have my BodyBugg back on my arm. I got an iPhone. So, now I have my calorie burn linked to it. So, I know how much I am burning every day. I had quite a few more calories to burn before I hit the sack last night so I danced around the room. :) It is nice to move more.

The biggest thing that always needs to change is my eating! But I am maintaining very well and just have a few more pounds to be at my first goal (story of my life!).  Steve gave a great message about overcoming temptation this last Sunday, and that is my application. No ice cream at night! LOL! My ONE true weakness (not really, but I am quoting Dorcas Lane from Larkrise to Candleford).

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...