Thursday, March 31, 2011

Waiting

It can be a little nerve-wracking.

In 48 hours, I will begin my heat in the swim portion of my first sprint triathlon. I had a dream last night that I forgot to set up my transition station. There were no shoes for me to change into after the swim, only this lonely laptop, and I can't have an MP3 player on the race. :)

In 72 hours, I will begin a talk that on waiting that is still formless and void. I have all the components. They just have not been put together in a cohesive whole. I am usually at the "honing and crafting" stage by now, but life has been too busy for that. Michael started new classes, training for the triathlon, Southside Youth Outreach, Jesus Community. George hasn't been able to pick up the slack that he usually does because he has had a terrible cold.

But I have today. I got out of the house before things started humming and walked in the beautiful sunshine to Coffee Culture. My phone is turned off, and I am ready to roll. It is going to be a very good day.

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...