Monday, July 20, 2009

Waiting on Him

I am spending a day in prayer today and journaling here and in my "My Lord and Me" notebook. I am soaking in the Lord right now and in the "Realizing His presence" stage of my time.

Divide the day into three parts: waiting on the Lord, prayer for others, and prayer for yourself.

As you wait on the Lord, don’t hurry. You will miss the point if you look for some mystical or ecstatic experience. Just seek the Lord, waiting on Him. Isaiah 40:31 promises that those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. Psalm 27:14 is one of dozens of verses which mention waiting on Him. In Psalm 62:5 David says, “My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him.”

Wait on God first to realize His presence. Read through a passage such as Psalm 139, grasping the truth of His presence with you as you read each verse. Ponder the impossibility of being anywhere in the universe where He is not. Often we are like Jacob when he said, “Surely the Lord is in this place; and I was not aware of it” (Genesis 28:16). ("How to Spend a Day in Prayer" by Lorne Sanny).

Expecting wonderful things from Him today!!!!!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...