Sunday, February 28, 2021

Sunday Morning Freewritea

 



I am just back from a walk with my Georgie along Jackson Frazier. One thing I have learned is that I need to get up and moving. It is a rest day, and this brings me great rest. Today is a blue sky, spring starting to blossom kind of day. It is a very short walk around this wetland, but it is so fulfilling. Open and wide sky. Birds flying, singing, settled into ponds of cold water. Ahhh.

I never tire of talking to my guy. Everything under the literal sun on our little foray. I loved it. 

Prior to that, I had extended time with God that was lovely. I also did a bit of reading of Punkmonk by Andy Freeman and Pete Grieg and Sacred Rhythms by Ruth Haley Barton. People have raved about that book, and I am glad it is there. It is a good gateway into creating space for God. I love reading about anyone's journey though.

Still kicking around the idea of doing podcasts for our Movement that highlight people's journey to a deeper experience of God, and how it overflowed into action. I am asking God to drop something in my lap that will make a clear path. I don't need to be the one to do it either. I want to be part of a revolution in our Movement, but I certainly don't want to necessarily be the face of it. 

After that extended time, I spent time with about 40 others in a Centering Prayer time. He read a quote from a book that I loved. So I ordered the book. :) I am also doing another one in about six minutes with local people here. I know it is two in one morning, but I don't mind. This is often my day of rest. So I love spending it in this way.

I might take a bike ride in the afternoon because it will be in the 50s! WOW! Spring is just around the corner, and I could not be happier.

I think that I have my rhythm back. Fran asked me how I know, and I just know when I am overdoing it. It is like when I start to not feel right physically, I usually stop and cancel everything to rest. Consequently, I have not been physically sick for about seven years. I also do this spiritually. It is when I sense something is not right, or I am not living out of peace. I pull back and find the equilibrium between output and input. Consequently, I have not been "sick" in this way since I left our old church in 2006. That was my last big WAKE UP call. I am grateful. Before that, it had been many years. 

Well, it is almost time for Centering Prayer time. BYE!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...