Sunday, June 17, 2012

52 in 52 Week 25: The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway

 Beautifully written in flawless form. I liked this Hemingway quite a bit! 


This is a wonderful novella about an old Cuban fisherman named Santiago. I do not want to give too much away. My husband gave more away than I would have liked, but he thought this would have been a better introduction to Hemingway than For Whom The Bell Tolls, which is his longest book. 


This is a story about courage, humility and pride, aloneness, companionship and love, age and youth, honor, and heroism. It has many layers of meaning. It won him the Pulitzer Prize in fiction in 1953. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...