Thursday, February 09, 2012

52 in 52 Week 6 : The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

Click image to view full cover

This is on my 100 Great Books List. What a totally delightful book that was an easy read. Once I started, it was impossible for me to stop. Mark Twain is a comedic genius. There is no question in my mind. I finished listening to/reading (did both) it on the plane to Hawaii and laughed out loud several times. 


I WISH that I had read this before I read Huck Finn for The Well-Educated Mind list. Huck Finn is considered the “classic” of the two, but it is really a sequel to Tom Sawyer. So, it would have made Huck Finn easier to read, IMHO. It was Tom's entrance in The Adventures of Huck Finn that made me want to learn more about him. He was a HOOT in that one! 

Loved this book in every way, this Blackstone audio version read by Grover Gardner was superb. I have heard this narrator before (Tozer's The Pursuit of God) and love him. 

1 comment:

DHooper said...

I'm glad you enjoyed reading about Tom and his adventures. One of my favorite memories is visiting Hannibal, MO and taking a tour of the cave.

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...