Sunday, March 07, 2021

Sunday Morning Freewrite


This is my Sabbath. I have been pretty good about honoring it, either on a Saturday or a Sunday depending on whether things come up for us. 

It is always about balance for me. I have all the abundant energy I need for the work that God has for me. Today, I will just rest and connect with God (and my family). The rain is raining hard. I am cozy in my home. Deadlines looming for me. Emails out to others as I wait to move ahead on some of them. 

One email sent was automatically answered, and I am grateful. I am teaching on the Instinctual Variants (Subtypes is the popular name, but it really is not descriptive of their function according to Russ Hudson of the Enneagram Institute.) for a Year Two Cohort for Sustainable Faith. I taught on it last year this time, and I think it went well. So, my handouts are all prepared. I just need to put it in a format that I can share on Zoom, which I have always wanted and needed to do. So, I will work on that part of this week. 

I also need to make one-two more videos of 20-30 minutes for a girl from one of my OSU Pilates classes (2018). She has created a life-coaching business and wants to have introductory Pilates videos for her students. She has been less consistent at replying. She asked me in January, and I didn't hear from her for six weeks. Then I got a contract and was asked to have my stuff ready in two weeks. Between the time she asked me and when she told me the parameters, my life has gotten incredibly (and deliciously) more full with the Abiding Resources and Testimonials sub-group that I am leading for our Movement. 

So, when it rains. It pours. (I am sure I wrote this in a previous freewrite already, but Freewrites are about writing about whatever is on your mind and letting your pen/fingers on a keyboard GO!) In the meantime, I have had three people "out of the blue" want to talk about helping me interpret and utilize their WEPPS scores for the Enneagram, doing a typing interview, and just a "can you call me" about something, but that person is not telling me what that is. All three are people I rarely hear from. So I have had to say, "Not right now" to two out of three of them. I fit in the other one because I had a spiritual direction cancellation. 

Anywho, tomorrow, I will finish up the Pilates videos request. I have some I have already done, but she has not told me if that is what she wants. I have two from a former project with OSU and one I made on Friday that was quite fun. I do love making these videos, and I finally got the audio down. 

I just got a ping from my friend in Central Asia. I have been wondering how she has been. She moved to another country. That might be better for her. 

On a very positive note, ever since Dr. Myers adjusted my back after the massage that made my back go out, I have been pain-free. 

Today I am going to read. I am going to spend time with my favorite people (we went for a walk around the hospital last night at dusk). I will also have two Centering Prayer sits with Mercy Center and the Corvallis group. Centering Prayer has been such a nice addition to my customary (many call it "Rule of Life," but Order of the Mustard Seed calls it customary). It is so ... well... CENTERING on God!

I am loving my full life lately. 

Oh, one more thing. We spend the last three mornings marveling at what God is doing in one part of the world. PRAISE HIM! I am so encouraged and overwhelmed at His goodness. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...