Thursday, January 31, 2019

Thursday Thirteen Minute Freewrite

Here I go. It has been ages since I have done a freewrite, but I will let my fingers do the walking across the keyboard.

I am in the "Second Week" of the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius, and I love it as much this second time through as I did the first. I am praying for the "deeper still" as I understand so much more this time around. The grace sought for much of the Second Week is to see Jesus more clearly, love Him more dearly, and follow Him more nearly (Yes, Godspell - Ignatius got this from Richard, Bishop of Chichester who prayed:


Thanks be to thee, my Lord Jesus Christ, for all the benefits Thou hast given me, for all the pains and insults thou hast borne for me. O most merciful redeemer, friend and brother, may I know thee more clearly, love thee more dearly and follow thee more nearly, day by day. 


Pretty cool! Ignatius gives you certain particular meditations in the life of Jesus and gives the spiritual director the freedom to add in "other mysteries" (SE 162) as the Lord leads. I am concentrating on those that Ignatius mentioned and reading chronologically through a Harmony of the Gospels of the other parts. We will see if I like that.

I went for a massage with a new therapist yesterday. I didn't really need one, but my friends raved about her. So I thought I would check her out. The jury is still out whether she was beneficial. I seem to have a very good routine of self-myofascial release that doesn't irritate my persnickety parts, and a new therapist is always a risk for me. They see all my problems (that are unavoidable due to my leg indifference and how my hips turn in), but I manage those problems really well (unless I do something foolish), but I think therapist think they can "help" those problems, and they end up upsetting the system. Sometimes I end up coming out of it worse than I went in, and this is the case with this woman. I liked her at first, but I always have to wait a day. This morning I woke up sort of "wonky" and had to do my own Self Myofascial Release (SMR), and something clicked back into place. So I am hoping all will be well. I am praying that is the case since I ride my bike and teach two Pilates classes and have weight lifting today. Praying for healing since that is where I am in the life of Jesus right now. Lots of healing on the Sabbath and making the religious leaders feel mad.

Two times he says, "I desire COMPASSION rather than sacrifice." I am contemplating that after watching the R. Kelly documentary. I did not even know who the guy was (obviously not my kind of music). My goodness. I was so sad. I was sad for the women he has abused, but I am also sad for him. He was molested from 10-12 or so. It really messed the guy up. I wish he would seek help. His career is obviously over. Anyway, I don't know the guy from Adam, but I prayed for him this morning, and for his victims. I will never meet any of them, but I feel compassion for all concerned.

There is the thirteen minute timer. Bye.

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...