Friday, December 21, 2018

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I will write for fifteen. Do not have any agenda here, but I am just typing without a break. Yesterday was nice. I got up, eager to pray the Spiritual Exercises, and I was not disappointed. I did a "savoring of the graces" received from the previous prophecies leading up to Jesus' birth. Of course, that included listening to the Messiah and dancing all over my living room in the wee hours of the morning. 

I was out the door by 8:45am to go to Marlys Memorial. I listened to News of the World. It is our April 18 book. What can I say? I am a Helper Type Two with an Achiever Three Wing! I liked it. It was sweet and an easy read. It would not be a book I would have chosen to read off of a shelf, but that is what I like about the Book Babes. Most of the books are not books I would choose to read, but I usually thinking they are OK. I have few so far this year that I have been wowed by except Uneducated: A Memoir - WOW. I am shocked that Unoffendable got a NINE average score when I would give it a generous 7.5 (maybe a 7). It was OK, but books like Tale of Two Cities are a NINE! I liked the book that I recommended this month, if for no other reason that it opens people's eyes to immigrants, and what they go through in this country. It is interesting that the highest scores were given by people who have lived overseas. I think we read it with different eyes having been an immigrant to another culture. So for this reason, I am glad I recommended, even though it did get a low score! Compared to the last book that got a NINE? WOW! (So cute that one of the ladies wrote me a really long apology about how critical she was of the book. She felt really bad that she said too much. I guess I have grown because I wasn't that hurt. For me, that is huge because FAILURE sometimes equates with feeling unloved and unwanted. So, I feel SHAME. But I didn't. I liked the book, and Andrea liked it. That is all that matters to me. (Most importantly, my international friends like it.) 

Anywho. This was on the "better" side of my scale of liking a book so News of the World would be one I would recommend. I recommended it to my hubby. 

I am going off on a tangent. I wanted to write about how I have been on a BUNNY TRAIL all morning. I am on the Nativity contemplation in the Ignatian Exercises, and I got stuck trying to find a video or street view of the road from Nazareth to Bethlehem, and I have been totally frustrated by it. So, I have not really done the contemplation. Now it is already 10:51! I know I have a fairly free day so it should not matter, but I feel like I have totally WASTED my morning since 6 am! UGH! 

I did have a good Awareness Examen though. That was insightful. I still have to keep letting some things go.

So I am off. It has been fifteen minutes, and I am going to have a go at Mary and Joseph and their trip to Bethlehem. 

BYE! 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...