Thursday, June 28, 2018

20. Living Wisely with the Church Fathers by Christopher A. Hall

34129494
I read this for the Renovare Book Club. It is the last in a series written by this great author. He is an expert in the church fathers, and his series is quite readable. I love the way he deals with contemporary issues in this book. It is very well-written and thorough. Despite its readability, it is still quite academic and will not be everyone's cup of tea. 

On a personal note, I have enjoyed two weeks of the Renovare Institute with Chris, and he is a man of upstanding character who walks his talk. This always makes books easier for me to read because I imagine them talking to me as I read. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...