Tuesday, March 05, 2013

More on "Stay Calm and Hydrate"

Drinking Water May Speed Weight Loss:

'via Blog this'

This is an expansion of that Berlin study. Fascinating that for women they burned carbohydrates and men burned fat when they drank the water. Why is that? Inquiring minds want to know! My husband and I think it is because women's body prioritize energy expenditure differently. We need biologically hold on to more fat because we need it for child bearing. :)

Finally found the actual scientific study (for the science nutritionist part of me):

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/88/12/6015.short

Also got this fun email from someone in my weight accountability loop:


Let’s all remember to drink plenty of water today! J . . .  and to smile! J




No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...