Wednesday, October 17, 2018

43. The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self Discovery

28268515This is my second time through this book, and it helped so much to do so. I listened to it last time. This time I combined listening with my Kindle Book, and I made highlights. This quote about my Enneagram Type Two really confirmed my decision to leave the Renovaré Institute. I needed a smaller group so I could work on my soul. The needs in that Institute were too overwhelming for me. I have found my people with the Spiritual Direction Boise Cohort! 

"If Twos are going to learn how to attend to their own needs as much as they pay attention to the needs of other people, they have to work on their soul in solitude. If they try to do this work in community they’ll be tempted to help those around them grow spiritually rather than focus on their own development. In this situation Twos’ tendency to drop everything to help people in crisis is more a defense against facing their own needs and feelings than an act of service. In their time with God they might ask themselves, Who am I when no one needs me?"

“A humble self-knowledge is a surer way to God than a search after deep learning.” Thomas À Kempis

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...